Impatto - Acts 29 in Italy
A growing family of theologically defined and driven gospel-centred, church-planting churches engaging, for God's glory and by His grace, to see healthy gospel-centred churches planted and grown throughout Italy.
ITALY: NEEDS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- 60 million people
- 8000 comuni (cities, towns or villages) of which more than 85% have no Evangelical church
- 50% of the population live in towns of less than 50,000 people
- 75% of people in Italy are Roman Catholic. Less than a quarter of these are practicing.
- 0.6-0.8% (4500 churches) are Evangelical/Protestant of all kinds
- In certain areas of Italy there is 1 Evangelical church for every 45,000 people!
- 0.004% (50 churches?) would identify themselves theologically as reformed Evangelicals
- Few Italian pastors have theological training or are full-time pastors
- Few churches have an intentional, well-defined vision or plan for church-planting
Some needs and gospel-opportunities:
- Unreached towns and specific areas of Italy: areas of Puglia, Sardegna, Abruzzo, Veneto, Brianza, Emilia-Romagna, Umbria, Toscana
- Prostitution & Human-trafficking: up to 9 million 'clients'
- Universities: only 30% have campus ministries
- Migration & Refugees: almost 6 million people - "...the world has come to our doorstep..."
- Events planned throughout the year: RELAZIONE - Impatto family retreat, FORMAZIONE - Impatto intense training weekends (2 annually), APPLICAZIONE - Impatto Conference (boot-camp), CONVERSAZIONE (occasional thematic events).
- Fully-operational assessments in Italian and coaching. Strong emphasis on walking alongside the couples to enable them to be effective in their ministry.
- IMPATTOPRINT - quality literature projects in Italian (currently available in Italian: Total Church, Gospel-centred family, Meal with Jesus...)
- Leadership team: Jonathan Gilmore (National Director), Rob Krause (Training Coordinator), Justin Valiquette (Coaching Coordinator), Elio Vannnelli (Assessment Coordinator) and Gian Luca Derudas (Administration Coordination).
IMPATTO ON MISSION
An exciting project is the development of a strategic partnership between Impatto & Albania. The focus is a gospel-centred church-planting movement in Albania! Together we are exploring the right and best ways to make this gospel-partnership successful.
- 10 new church plants from IMPATTO churches: intentional formation and conversations for Impatto members in terms of how they are or should be developing a vision for church‐planting in their churches, resourcing of churches in view of church‐planting (how, who, what).
- 20 new church‐planters recruited: through Percorsi and other training options, internships, relational connections.
- 5 business in mission initiatives to be started as significant platforms of opportunity for church‐planting.